The speed cushion is a raised section of a road which, unlike speed humps, does not extend across the entire width of the road. Public transport and two-wheeled vehicles are unaffected by speed cushions (right-side of road is un-obstructed).
Due to their configuration, they do not encourage drivers to increase speed again after crossing them and reduce noise pollution compared to speed humps.
The Signaux Girod logo is moulded into the rubber creating variations in the surface that ensure a long-lasting skid resistance test (SRT) coefficient, measured in accordance with EN 13036-4.
This standard requires a minimum SRT coefficient of 0.45 in wet conditions. Our coefficient is therefore higher than the standard: 1.06 in dry conditions and 0.60 in wet conditions.
Our speed cushions are delivered with:
- 4 corner pieces
- 2 middle pieces
- 36 plugs and long screws with washers
- 36 red rubber caps
- 16 red steel joining elements
- Speed cushions consisting of 6 elements in vulcanised rubber (2/3 recycled rubber and 1/3 in Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM -), fixings included
- Anti-UV treatment
- Attachment system: long screws with washers and plugs
- Colours: red (brick) or black (on request)
- White reflective strips (shark's tooth design)
- Installed cushion: 1800 x 3,000 mm
- Thickness: 65 mm
- Dimensions of corner pieces: 1.00 m x 0.90 m (2 right-hand and two left-hand)
- Dimension of middle pieces: 1.00 m x 0.90 m (2 pieces)
- Length of lateral rising sections: 0.30 m
- Length of longitudinal rising sections: 0.50 m